Great weekend ahead, with excellent weather in store for Sunday.
Here are some tidbits, related to our town:
- The Congregational Church is holding a Christmas fair tomorrow, Saturday, from 10 to 3.
- A couple from Wellfleet made the evening news when he proposed on the jetty (shown above) and filmed the event with a drone.
- Another couple has decided to make Wellfleet their home, the Wagners, Leo and Erica. They are buying the buildings that used to be Duck Creek Inn. It will be a huge effort to renovate everything, but we wish them luck. Erica is the daughter of former innkeepers (Appletree B&B) so she must know the ropes. Thirty-three rooms are planned. Read all about it here.
- The winter Farmers' Market starts up this Saturday at the Middle School in Orleans. Same place, some new merchants.
- Laura Kelley of POCCA will again speak to our Board of Selectmen at their meeting, planned for Tuesday, COA.
- Preservation Hall will hold its annual holiday bazaar on December 12 and 13th. 10 to 4, both days. I will be manning the local author booth from 10 to 1 on Sunday. Do stop by and say hellow.